Starbucks Apple & Cinnamon Muffin Made SkinnyReport Violation
Ingredients for Muffins
1 (18.25 oz) box Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
1 cup apple juice
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
½ cup water
⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1½ teaspoons cinnamon
2 egg whites
1 egg, we used Egg-Land’s Best eggs
3 cups apples, peeled and chopped
Ingredients for Crumb Topping
1¾ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
1¼ teaspoons cinnamon
1½ tablespoons reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a muffin pan with cooking spray with flour, see shopping tip.
2. In an electric mixer or large bowl using a hand mixer, add the cake mix, apple juice, oats, water, applesauce, canola oil, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix until blended. Add the egg whites, egg, and beat until smooth. Stir in the apples. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to thicken batter and allow apples to blend in. Stir before using. Make sure apples get in each muffin. You might need to add some by hand.
3. Pour batter into the muffin pan. Fill each almost to top. Spread evenly.
4. To make crumb topping: In a small bowl add oats, sugar, cinnamon and mix together with a fork. Gradually add melted butter and stir to coat well. Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon oat mixture.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool for about 10 minutes. Carefully loosen each muffin with a knife and remove onto a plate.
6. Store the muffins covered on the kitchen counter for several days. They freeze great too!
Makes 22 muffins
Weight Watchers (old points) 4
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 5
SKINNY FACTS: for 1 muffin
190 calories, 5.8g fat, 3g protein, 35g carbs, 2g fiber, 163mg sodium, 17g sugar
for more skinny recipes join me at http;//www.skinnykitchen.com