Skinny Sugar CookiesReport Violation
¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup reduced-fat butter
1 cup extra fine sugar, such as C&H Bakers Sugar or regular sugar, see shopping tip
1 cup sugar
2 egg whites
1 egg, I like Egg-Land’s Best eggs, see shopping tip
2 teaspoons vanilla
2¾ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tarter, make sure it’s fresh
1¾ teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
Ingredients for rolling
⅓ cup sugar
1. In an electric mixer or large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together the oil, butter and sugar. Whip until smooth about 1 minute.
2. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Add flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt. Mix until well blended.
3. Place the batter in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to firm up.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking pans (cooking sheets) with parchment paper, see shopping tip
5. In a small bowl, add the ⅓ cup sugar for rolling.
6. Scoop the batter into rounded 1-inch pieces and roll in sugar. Place each on prepared baking pans.
7. Bake the cookies for 11 minutes, then rotate pans and bake for about 12 more minutes. This will create a crispy cookie when cooled. If you desire softer cookies, bake for the 7-8 minutes, rotate pans and bake for another 7-8 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
8. Store cooled cookies in an airtight container. Crispy cookies will last for several weeks. Soft ones will last a few days, if they last that long!
Makes about 105 cookies
Lining cookie sheets with parchment paper is a fabulous way to create perfectly baked cookies. It insures that the cookies don’t burn on the bottom before they’re baked through.
C&H Bakers Sugar (extra fine sugar) is a much finer grain of sugar. Using it in cookies creates a much crispier, lighter dough. Most supermarkets carry it in the baking section where all the sugars are sold. It comes in a carton. If you choose not to use it, substitute with regular sugar.
Weight Watchers (old points) 1
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 1
SKINNY FACTS: for one mini cookie 37 calories, .8g fat, 1g protein, 7g carbs, 0g fiber, 32mg sodium, 5g sugar
For mre skinny recipes, please join me on http://skinnykitchen.com