Skinny Cajun Chicken Linguine AlfredoReport Violation
1 package (1 lb.) chicken breast tenders or 4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
6 ounces whole wheat linguine, cooked al dente, see shopping tip
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Spice of Life’s “Cajun Sensation” spices, see shopping tip
3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
2 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
¾ cup reduced-fat milk
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes (oil packed), blotted well with paper towels, chopped, see prep tip
¼ teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1. Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
2. In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the chicken pieces and sauté until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Reduce heat, add green onions, milk, tomatoes, basil, garlic powder and black pepper. Cook for few minutes until heated through.
4. Toss in cooked linguine, Parmesan cheese and coat pasta well.
5. Divide among 4 pasta bowls or plates.
6. Serve at once.
Makes 4 servings
I used my favorite brand of Cajun spices, Spice of Life “Cajun Sensation” blend. It’s just fabulous! To order online or find out where it’s sold, go to their website, www.PasoSpices.com. Or, use a Cajun blend available in most supermarkets in the spice aisle.
You’ll find whole wheat linguine at Trader Joe’s but most supermarkets and health food stores carry it.
I recommend using oil packed sun-dried tomatoes because they add so much flavor. Place them in paper towels and squeeze out most of the oil before adding to the dish.
Weight Watchers (old points) 8
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 10
SKINNY FACTS: for one serving
391 calories, 9.8g fat, 37g protein, 37g carbs, 5g fiber, 597mg sodium, 4g sugar