Skinny and Tender Pulled Pork SandwichesReport Violation
4 pounds pork tenderloin
2 large onions, sliced
1 (18 oz) bottle Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce or your favorite
1 recipe for Simply, Skinny Crunchy Slaw
12 whole wheat or multi-grain hamburger buns or Oroweat Sandwich Thins (I used Trader Joe’s Honey Wheat buns) see tip below
1. Cut each piece of pork tenderloin in half, to easily fit in the crock pot.
2. Place slices from 1 onion on bottom of crock pot. Add pork. Cover pork with remaining onion slices.
3. Pour ½ of the bottled barbecue sauce over top. Cover and cook on high setting for 30 minutes. Turn temperature down to low and cook for about 3½ -4 hours, until it’s easy to shred with a fork.
4. Remove tender-cooked pork to a cutting board or large plate and shred with a fork. Discard sauce from crock pot. In a large bowl, add shredded pork and remaining barbecue sauce. Toss to coat well. Just before serving, heat shredded pork in microwave before serving.
5. To assemble sandwiches: Heat the buns or sandwich thins slightly in the microwave or oven. Mound ½ cup of pork on bottom of the bun or sandwich thin. Top each with ½ coleslaw and other half of bun or sandwich thin. Leftover pork freezes great.
Makes 12 sandwiches (each serving, ½ cup shredded pork and ½ cup coleslaw)
The skinny for 1 sandwich, including the slaw is 447 calories, 10 grams of fat and 11 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Use a sandwich thin instead of a wheat bun and each sandwich has 347 calories, 9 grams fat and 9 Weight Watchers POINTS!
For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://skinnykitchen.com