Lighten Up with this Easy Turkey and Apple MeatloafReport Violation
Ingredients for Meatloaf
1 slice multigrain bread or whole wheat bread
½ cup unsweetened apple juice
1 pound ground turkey (93%)
1 cup onion, shredded or finely chopped
1 medium apple, peeled and grated, about 1 cup
½ cup carrots, shredded
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon salt
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Topping
2 tablespoons honey
1½ tablespoons wholegrain Dijon mustard or regular Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil.
2. In a blender, add 1 slice of bread and pulse into crumbs.
3. In a large bowl, add crumbs and all remaining meatloaf ingredients except topping ingredients. Mix by hand until well blended. Form into a loaf, about 12” X 4” on foil lined baking pan.
4. In a small bowl, mix together honey and mustard. Spread over top of meatloaf.
5. Bake in oven for 1 hour. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Makes 12 slices, 2 slices per serving
Serving Tips-Serve with my recipe for Just Delicious Baked Sweet Potatoes or Dreamy, Dairy Free, Skinny Mashed Potatoes and steamed broccoli with a little reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light melted on top, if desired.
Weight Watchers (old points) 3
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 5
SKINNY FACTS: for 2 slices
180 calories, 3g fat, 20g protein, 19g carbs, 2g fiber, 285mg sodium, 11g sugar
For more skinny recipes, pleas join me at http://skinnykitchen.com