Incredible, Skinny Roasted Garlic MashersReport Violation
1 pound red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into chunks,
½ head garlic
¾ teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
2 tablespoons reduced-fat milk
½ teaspoon salt
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Separate ½ head of garlic into individual cloves. Do not peel. Toss in olive oil and wrap tightly in small piece of aluminum foil.
3. Roast in oven for 45 minutes.
4. While the garlic is roasting, add potatoes to a pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Simmer covered until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and add back to the hot pot. Mash potatoes with a potato masher or fork.
5. Remove garlic from oven and set aside to cool. When garlic has cooled, squeeze it out of the ‘paper’ shell of the individual cloves. Mash the peeled garlic with a fork.
6.To the pot of mashed potatoes, add mashed garlic, sour cream, butter, milk, salt and pepper. Mix together ingredients until smooth. Turn the flame on low to heat thoroughly before serving. Adjust with a little more salt or pepper, as desired.
7. Roasted garlic mashers can be prepared a few days in advance and heated on the stove top or in the microwave before serving.
Serves 6 (½ cup serving)
Weight Watchers (old points) 2
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 3
SKINNY FACTS: for each ½ cup serving
94 cal, 3.6g fat, 2g protein, 15g carbs, 1g fiber, 230mg sodium, 1g sugar
For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://skinnykitchen.com