Finger-Lickin Good Chicken with Homemade Barbecue SauceReport Violation
12 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3-3½ pounds)
Homemade Kicking Barbecue Sauce
1 jar ( 24 oz) pasta sauce, I like Classico Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
1 cup onion, chopped fine
½ cup brown sugar, packed
⅓ cup honey
⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard or yellow mustard (don’t use Dijon)
1 tablespoon chili pepper sauce, I like Trader Joe’s brand or Tabasco sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring often for about 15 minutes, until well blended.
3. While sauce is heating, remove all skin from chicken thighs. Place thighs in a 13×9 inch Pyrex dish or pan lined with foil.
4. Set aside 2 cups barbecue sauce for later. Pour remaining sauce over chicken. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
5. To finish off the chicken, broil or cook on the grill.
6. To broil: Place chicken on a foil lined baking sheet. Cover chicken with half the remaining sauce. Broil for about 5 minutes until chicken is caramelized. Turn over, spread with remaining sauce and broil for about 5 more minutes until caramelized.
7. To grill: Prepare grill to cook at medium heat. Brush chicken with barbecue sauce and cook until caramelized, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken over, brush with more sauce and cook about 5 more minutes until caramelized.
Makes 12 pieces
Weight Watchers (old points) 4
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 5
SKINNY FACTS: for 1 thigh
197 calories, 4g fat, 17g protein, 23g carbs, 1g fiber, 332mg sodium, 20g sugar,
***For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://www.skinnykitchen.com