Amazing Skinny Red Velvet Cupcakes for Your SweetheartReport Violation
1 (18.25 ounces) Duncan Hines Devils Food Cake Mix
1 (3.4 oz) package of instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup buttermilk
½ cup warm water
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 ounce bottle of red food coloring
2 eggs, I love Egg-Land’s Best eggs
Skinny Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
4 ounces (½ of an 8 ounce package of reduced-fat cream cheese)
1½ cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon reduced-fat milk
Valentine candy for decorations, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Line the cups with cupcake papers.
2. In an electric mixer or using a hand mixer, combine all of the cupcake ingredients except the eggs and whites. Beat well.
3. Add the eggs and egg whites and beat well.
4. Fill each cupcake cup just to the top. Do not mound or over fill.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them cool before frosting. Bake the remaining 6 cupcakes and cool.
6. To make the frosting-using a mixer, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powder sugar, milk and mix until smooth. It should be quite thick.
7. Frost each cupcake and decorate with a Valentine candy, red and pink sugar or sprinkles, if desired.
8. Store in the refrigerator.
Makes 18 cupcakes
Weight Watchers (old points) 5
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 6
SKINNY FACTS: for 1 cupcake including frosting
225 calories, 7.7g fat, 4g protein, 37g carbs, 1g fiber, 387mg sodium, 14g sugar
For more skinny recipes including weight watchers points, please join me at http://skinnykitchen.com